Scale-up Leaders' AcademyHelping your business grow is the best way to grow the region's economy.
If you lead an established fast-growing business and have an ambition to scale-up quicker, join our high-impact Scale-up Leader's Academy >
What is it?
Spread over 6 months, the Scale-up Leaders’ Academy is a programme of support dedicated to helping high-growth business owners prepare to scale-up their companies faster through a mix of:
- Inspirational events
- Scale-up coaching (with Gazelle International Scale-up coach, Ian Kinnery)
- Peer-to-peer mentoring support
- Action-based learning
Who is it for?
It has been designed specifically for business owners who are currently running established growing companies with at least 10 members of staff, but want to scale-up faster. The cohort will be made up of 15 North East based entrepreneurs who meet these criteria.
Is there a cost?
The programme costs £2,000 + VAT for Entrepreneurs' Forum members (membership costs £495 + VAT). Match funding may be available (subject to terms and conditions) to help with the cost. This is thanks to the region's Local Enterprise Partnerships and ERDF Funding. Contact email@example.com for more information.
When will it be?
We are recruiting now for our next Scale-up Leader's Academy, which will run from January to June 2018.
What will the programme cover:
- High-growth mind-set
Wednesday 31st January, 8.30am - 12.30pm
Wednesday 28th February, 8.30am - 12.30pm
Tuesday 27th March; 8.30am - 12.30pm
Tuesday 24th April, 8.30am - 12.30pm
Tuesday 29th May, 8.30am - 12.30pm
- One Page Strategic Plan
Wednesday 27th June, 8.30am - 12.30pm
The Academy also includes a place at the Entrepreneurs' Forum's showcase Spring conference on 10th May (Together we can take on the world), for a day of inspiration and connecting with your peers. At the conference, we will hear from entrepreneurs who have scaled businesses on a regional, national and international stage.
You will also be matched with an experienced entrepreneur who will provide peer-to-peer mentoring support.
As a member of the Forum, you have the opportunity to attend over 35 inspirational events across the year.
If you join the Scale-up Leader's Academy. we promise:
- To raise your aspiration and help you grow your business quickly and sustainably
- To help you prepare your company for major growth by understanding what the scale-up journey will involve, the challenges ahead and some of the tools that can help you on your way
- To explore the biggest barriers to business growth, looking at the impact in each area once you are successful in achieving your growth ambitions
- To examine what your organisation needs, what must change and how you can develop an actionable plan that helps you to cope with the change scaling-up brings
- We won’t tell you what to do, but we will get you ready to scale-up and at the ‘starting-line’ with peer support around you and a clear strategic plan, so that you can succeed in achieving your business goals
- To continue providing you with inspiration and a helping hand long after the programme is complete.
By joining the Scale-up Leader's Academy, you promise:
- To attend all Scale-up Leader’s Academy sessions
- To be open and honest with yourself, your coaches and mentors and within the group
- To commit to at least two actions during each scale-up coaching session, that you will implement and report back to the group on
- To provide data on your company’s performance and complete research and feedback forms throughout the programme, to help us monitor and evaluate the Academy’s impact.
Places on the Scale-up Leader's Academy are limited to 15 entrepreneurs. Apply to join the 2018 Scale-up Leader's Academy >
For more information, or to discuss the Academy in more detail, call the Forum team on 0191 500 7780.
Joanna Feeley, Managing Director of Trend Bible
"The Scale-up Leader's Academy has had a transformative effect on our business over the course of a year.
The process of learning from inspiring speakers, learning new growth strategies and embedding that knowledge with a business coach is a really unique format.
"The most impactful part for me has been being able to access one-to-one time with a dedicated mentor and crucially, getting to openly discuss growth issues with other business leaders.
"Every month, we're all trying to implement the knowledge we've acquired, and so there's a ready-made network there for discussing what worked and how best to apply it
"Running a business can be a pretty isolated experience but the Academy has provided me with an approachable, encouraging environment to tackle the challenges we all face as high growth business leaders".