COVID-19 EVENT UPDATE
Last updated: October 2021
The guidance below is effective from Monday 16th August in accordance with the Government’s COVID roadmap.
We are acutely aware of the ongoing risk of contracting COVID-19. We continue to prioritise the health and safety of our members, partners, team and event attendees and ask that everyone follows the COVID guidance in place for the event.
When attending a Forum event, please:
• If you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, we ask that you take a lateral flow test 24-hours prior to the event start time, ensuring you have a negative result. Lateral flow kits can be ordered online for free via the NHS website or collected from testing sites and local pharmacies. Attendees who are fully vaccinated do not need to take the additional test.
• Continue to bring a face covering with you to our events. It is possible that you will need to wear a face covering in certain communal areas of each venue and this will be communicated to you in advance via the event confirmation.
• Do not attend if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms of COVID-19 (i.e. high temperature, new continuous cough, loss or change to your sense of smell or taste).
• Do not attend if you have been told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
• Wash your hands for 20 seconds or use the sanitiser provided throughout the venue.
• Do not touch other guests, including handshakes.
• Bring your own notepad and pen as we will not be providing these.
• Read the confirmation instructions which will be sent to you prior to the event. These will include venue specific instructions for your arrival and COVID safety.
Event cancellation and refunds
If you are unable to attend a pre-booked event please let us know as soon as possible by either logging into your Membership area and cancelling your place from there, or by contacting a member of the Forum team on 0191 500 7780.
If the event carries an additional charge to attend, we request a notice period (usually 72hrs) to allow us enough time to cancel any committed catering expenses with the event venue. Cancellations made after that cut off point are charged in full, unless you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are required to isolate by NHS Test and Trace.
If the Forum has to cancel an event due to local or national Government restrictions, attendees will be offered the opportunity to transfer their tickets to a rescheduled event, where possible, or offered a credit note/full refund.