As COVID-19 continues to develop, we know that businesses across the region are facing several potentially significant challenges to which they need to respond rapidly.
The focus for most is on understanding immediate risks to their business, protecting employees and managing disruptions caused by the efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Given the importance of cash flow in times like these, we’ve collated the best practical advice on the matter and asked our mentors for their expert tips and guidance to share with you.
• Ward Hadaway: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
• North East Growth Hub: Coronavirus Toolkit
• Tees Valley Combined Authority: Online Support
• Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS): Homepage or call 0300 456 3565
• HMRC: Tax helpline to support businesses affected by coronavirus (COVID-19) or call 0800 0159 559 to ask about Time to Pay, i.e. postponing paying tax, etc.
• UK Government: Advice for Employees, Employers and Businesses
If you need some mentoring support for you and your staff, please contact Michael Dixon at the Entrepreneurs' Forum at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone on 07734 925 971 and we will endeavour to connect you with someone.
The Entrepreneurs' Forum's Finance Manager Elaine Stroud is also happy to offer support where possible. Elaine is a Chartered Accountant with 20+ years experience of building and reviewing cashflow models for a huge variety of businesses. You can contact Elaine directly by emailing email@example.com
Peer Group Support
We are running a series of conference calls and video calls to bring Entrepreneurs' Forum members together in small groups. This allows us to help each other and share key information, but importantly to give you a peer group to speak to during challenging times.
If you'd like to talk to experts and your peers about anything related to finance and managing cashflow, we have the following sessions planned so far - please note we will be adding more sessions on this and other topics depending on demand.
- Tuesday 31st March, 2pm — Navigating Support from Government & North East Growth Hub
- Thursday 2nd April, 11am — British Business Bank Update and Q&A, with Shaun Fooy
- Friday 3rd April, 2pm — Navigating Support from Government & North East Growth Hub
Visit our upcoming events page to book.
Top Tips and Advice
- Forum member Andy Briggs, IA Growth: Managing Cash Flow in a Crisis